I came across My Handmade Registry last year when one of my pie plates was featured on it's front page for a week. Unbeknownst to me, the plate was on some one's wedding registry.
This is a really cool idea and a nice departure from the typical big chain registries from places like Macy's, Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, etc... It allows people to REGISTER for a HANDMADE WISH LIST to send to their friends and family for birthdays, holidays, and special occasions. It supports the trend of buying handmade and/or local.
I think it's just plain cool! I wish there would have been something like this when I got married decades ago. Well, it just would have been wonderful to have had the Internet, e-mail, etc... back then. My mom and I recently had a lenghty discussion about what a really different world it is today with technology - and how we're both trying to keep up in our own ways. In my next life, perhaps I'll come back as a tech savvy geek. Now that's a funny thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment