Last night I sat down to throw after all the kiddos had gone to bed. I'm experimenting with some "hugging pots". I threw a small creamer pitcher and a sugar bowl. This morning I pressed them together like they were hugging - altering the shapes. I did this with a couple of small vases too. I will fire and glaze them separately, but they will fit together when they will be used. It should be interesting. The creamer/sugar set it the trickiest. I still need to put the handle on the creamer and complete the lid for the sugar bowl.
My husband looked at them with a curiosity and remarked, "So you took time to get them thrown all centered and symmetrical... and then you smooshed them together?!? I don't get it." I do. He's an engineer. ;-)
My husband looked at them with a curiosity and remarked, "So you took time to get them thrown all centered and symmetrical... and then you smooshed them together?!? I don't get it." I do. He's an engineer. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment