Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Glazefest



I unloaded the bisque fire load last night and I'm ready to glaze up a storm. I bought some new glazes last Friday from Clay Art Center in Tacoma that I'm looking forward to trying. I'm also switching to a new clay body - Sea Mix from Seattle Pottery Supply. The clay I've been using before has a lot of grog in it. It also hasn't fired up as white in color as I'd like, so I made the jump to Sea Mix based on a recommendation from a fellow potter. So far I'm liking it.


If you look closely at the photo above you'll see the glaze sample tiles (small rectangles with a swirl stamped on top, grouped in stacks and holes cut in the top for stringing) you'll see the difference between the colors. The old clay body looks a lot more pink in contrast.

I've got to get to work to get some of these pieces out the door and delivered this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment