We traveled in a large bus down the Stelheimskleiva - a 1.5 km long strech of road that twists its way down 13 hairpin turns on the mountainside at the end of the Naroydalen valley. The road has a 20 percent grade, which makes it one of the steepest stretches of road in Northern Europe.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Inspiration
I've been looking through pictures from the "Heritage Trip" I took with my parents and siblings a couple of years ago. While we traveled in Norway, Germany and the Czech Republic I was amazed at all the beautiful architectural details that surrounded us. I found myself taking pictures left and right of gates, cobblestone paths, roofs, door ways, windows, etc... Even the manhole covers in Norway were beautiful. My parents and family might have thought it strange that I was focusing in on these things but I couldn't help myself. I'm finding inspiration again in these images for a series of artistic tiles I'm starting to work on.
Wood carved decorative wall at the Stalheim Hotel overlooking the breathtaking (Nærøy) Naroydalen Valley we visited during the Norway in a Nutshell Tour. (My profile picture was taken on the terrace at the Stalheim Hotel.)
We traveled in a large bus down the Stelheimskleiva - a 1.5 km long strech of road that twists its way down 13 hairpin turns on the mountainside at the end of the Naroydalen valley. The road has a 20 percent grade, which makes it one of the steepest stretches of road in Northern Europe.
We traveled in a large bus down the Stelheimskleiva - a 1.5 km long strech of road that twists its way down 13 hairpin turns on the mountainside at the end of the Naroydalen valley. The road has a 20 percent grade, which makes it one of the steepest stretches of road in Northern Europe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment