Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Learning to Slip Cast a Tile

Here are some photos from the last day of the workshop where I learned to slip cast a tile. I learned so much and I'm really excited to slip cast some of my own tiles once my molds are seasoned. This will allow me to reproduce my tiles instead of carving each one individually. Slip casting will allow me to get a lot of the detail from my tiles - as opposed to pressing a tile with soft clay.

I am so glad I took this workshop. It will change the way I make my tiles.


Pouring the slip into the plaster mold.

Cleaning up the plaster mold while it's drying.

Pouring off the excess slip from the mold.

Leather hard tile after it's removed from the mold.

Plaster mold just after the leather hard tile was removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment