| A sweet little vase made by Linnell |
I loved going to Linnell's studio on Tuesday nights. It was wonderful to get to know other potters who were taking the classes as well. We shared the ups and downs of our lives over the spinning of those potters wheels over the years. When I was pregnant with the twins, I threw as long as I physically could - until my belly was too big to have the leverage I needed to throw. After the babies were born, I took some time off but returned as soon as I could. Fortunately, Sisu Bill had a friend come over every Tuesday night to help him with the babies, so I could get a night off and get out of the house. Linnell's studio really became respite for me during that time. It was a highlight of my week!
I was really sad to leave Linnell's studio when we moved back to the Pacific Northwest. Fortunately I had learned so much that it inspired me to start something of my own here in Woodinville. It was fun to catch up with Linnell today to tell her all about what I've been up to and hear all her news. She's always so supportive and positive. She's a true role model - continuing to teach classes at her studio, teaching ceramics at a local college, taking workshops, working on her website and still having her annual holiday sale. I only hope I can be as active and inspiring as her when I'm her age. What a blessing she's been in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment