Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Breaking Light


Images like this put things in perspective. 

I had surgery over a week ago and it's put me out of pottery commission for a while.  I thought I wouldn't be as sore as I have been.  I'm looking forward to feeling like myself again -soon!  In the meantime, I've been watching entirely too much TV.  The images coming out of Japan are so heartbreaking and unimaginable, I find that I have to stop watching to get a mental break from it.

I love music.  If you find me in my studio, I'm usually listening to an NPR Podcast, music from my iPod,  my favorite radio station (KMTT - The Mountain) - especially their Audio Vault Live in the Music Lounge Sessions or an audiobook (a great way to multi-task).  I enjoy the music of Vienna Teng and have seen her live a few times.  Most recently it was a few years back when she played a show in Seattle with Alex Wong.  They came out with this song to help raise money for Japan.  When I saw them at the Triple Door  (imho- one of the coolest venues in Seattle), I loved how they interacted with the audience and incorporated interesting sounds.  The song they wrote, The Breaking Light, is a beautiful example of those things.  Enjoy and buy the song for a good cause... and be reminded of all the good things in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment