I grew up listening to what would equate to a crazy musical stew of the Beatles, The Eagles, Jackson Browne, Three Dog Night, Steve Miller Band, Elton John, Carly Simon, Carole King, The Carpenters, various disco songs (ha!) - topped off with a splash of musical theater that my mom would stack up on the "hi-fi" (Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, Gypsy, etc...) and the Nat King Cole that my dad loved so much. Those songs are truly unforgettable - the lyrics are burned into my brain. Most of us have a soundtrack to our youths - usually so telling of where we were in our lives and what we were doing. I'm always curious to hear what songs were the soundtracks to my friend's youths. Anyone willing to share?
Today one of my "Monday Morning Coffee Mugs" was included in an Etsy Treasury called "Rainy Days and Mondays". Surprisingly it's not raining today here in the Seattle area - like it is so many Mondays. When I saw the title, I instantly heard Karen Carpenter's deep voice singing that song in my head - which started the above thread of thought. Honestly, these days I kind of like Monday mornings as the kids are back in school and I usually get a little break from the chaos. So perhaps the tune will change to "Rainy Days and Mondays always make me smile". At least for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment