I just returned from a very misty fall morning dog walk with our big rusty brown colored Aussie, Sequoia. He lives for these post bus stop walks. Every morning he waits patiently for the household to rise and get ready for the day. As soon as the kids throw on their coats (yes, fall has arrived very quickly this year in the PNW), he jumps up, perks his ears and wags his tail furiously.
If dogs could smile I would say he smiles as he looks forward to his morning "cruise" (as I now call it since the word "walk" sets him into a much crazier frenzy). Clearly the wild wagging of his tail is evidence of his smile. Even though "Boya" is 10ish, he still acts like a puppy at these moments. After the cruise he settles into a big long nap like you would expect this grandpa aged dog to do.
Sequoia's coat color reminds me of fall. I returned from our walk and discovered a beautiful Etsy Treasury called "As Summer into Autumn Slips" which included one of my little dipping bowls glazed in a green and rust glaze combination. Cozy stuff!

No comments:
Post a Comment