I have some bowls that have lived in our cupboards for a long time. I made them years ago and they are full of character (flaws) that I could point out, but won't. I still love to use them -especially for breakfast. One of my morning staples is blueberries with yogurt and granola. I took a photo of my breakfast in my very old "blueberry bowl" this morning before I dug in. Food really is more appetizing when served in a nice dish.
Recently I realized that many of my rejects or rookie potter pieces fill our kitchen. It's difficult to part with them but they often are what friends see and use when they are at our house. Perhaps it's time to take some nicer pieces out of my inventory and keep them with the old pieces. I can't get rid of the old rookie pieces. They have a lot of character and remind me of the days when I was just learning how to throw. The words "brick and door stop" come to mind, if you get my drift. :=)
No comments:
Post a Comment