Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"It's like Christmas!"













I felt like a kid at Christmas this morning. I was waiting for the kiln to cool off enough to open it up and peek inside. Finally it was cool enough and I started to unload. I had to remind myself to take it slow and not rush. Unloading shelves, posts and pots can be tricky business. One slip and you can cause some major damage.
I only had a couple of runs with one glaze in particular. It's like that with glazes, you figure out which ones are stable and which ones aren't. I've found in the past that the ones I like a lot tend to flow and are more likely to run. It's true again. One of my favorites is a runner. But BOY is it a beautiful mix of rust and dark green. It's called Shadow Green. I also had some great results with the Combo Mambo. Of course there were a couple of duds. The kid's pots all turned out well, so they'll be happy.
I'm excited to photograph some pots using my new lighting cube and photo set up. Maybe tonight!?! Here are some quick photos that I took while unloading.
It IS like Christmas. No patience for me. I feel like I am eight years old and just unwrapped a bunch of presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment