Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Glazapalooza







I just finished a couple of really late nights glazing a full kiln load. The testing resulted in some interesting results and I did a little "Combo Mambo" on some tiles to see how the glazes would interact when combined. I had some interesting results which I used in my latest glazefest. Here are some pictures of the Combo Mambo. I dropped a kiln post on one of the tiles during bisquing but was able to save it and used a little glue on it post glaze firing.

We got hit hard with some unexpected news in May. It kind of knocked me off my routine for a while and I didn't feel much like creating anything or posting anything bloggish. A friend put it well - that perhaps it felt frivolous. It did. Now it feels kind of necessary as an outlet for energy and something positive.

I'm hoping for good results with this firing. Hopefully nothing runs too much and becomes one with the kiln shelves. I'm hoping to have some good graduation presents, year end teacher gifts and Etsy items after the firing is finished.



1 comment:

  1. NECESSARY it is indeed.... keep up the good work. You need to take care of yourself in all ways that you can now!

    ReplyDelete