Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

We are having a snow day here in Woodinville today. School was canceled due to a big dump of snow last night. Coincidentally, I had a mug show up in an Etsy Treasury called Snow Day as well which was fitting, so I thought I should post it. It makes me think of a big mug of hot chocolate with marshmellows melting into a sugary foam.

I remember loving snow days as a kid. There was nothing better than waking up to a white blanket of snow on everything, having school cancelled and getting to play outside all day. We would have huge snow ball fights, sled down the hills in my neighborhood and make snow angels until we were so cold we couldn't take it anymore. Then we'd head in for hot chocolate with marshmellows. I love seeing my kids enjoy the snow. My youngest asked me if I loved it when it snowed as much as he did. I told him that I remember loving it as much as he did when I was his age. It's a different kind of "love" now as an adult. Mostly loving a memory of what it was like to be eight years old again.

No comments:

Post a Comment