It's been so damp and cold in Woodinville this week that I ended up bringing in some of the pots I threw yesterday into the laundry room to dry overnight. It really helped. I recently saw a photo from another potter who'd put some of her pots in her drier on a sweater drying rack to help dry them out. That cracked me up. We have one of those racks somewhere, but I don't think I'm bold enough to put my pots in the dryer.
I'm missing the warm, dry days of summer when clay dried out much more quickly. I'm in the middle of my big push to crank out some inventory for the craft shows in December. I threw 50 pounds of clay yesterday and my back is feeling it today. I added another year to the tally last week so I've been mindful of the aches and pains of getting older. I'm still inspired by my friend and teacher who's still teaching and throwing like crazy in her 70's!
No comments:
Post a Comment