Summer's over and it's time to get back to work. I haven't been very good about blogging the last couple of months. Sadly, I had an incredibly unproductive summer in the ceramics part of my life - but I had a wonderfully "productive" time with Bill and the kids.
I finally glazed the swirls and had some great and not so great results. I was disappointed that the glaze on two custom celebration plates didn't work out and I had some shrink problems with my batch of soap dispensers for a local soap shop - the spouts don't fit on 2/3 of them. ;-( But I had some great results with the rest of the load. That's the way it goes. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the duds - those pots that accumulate over time that didn't turn out quite right. Maybe I should take up mosaic, or find someone who does.
I finally glazed the swirls and had some great and not so great results. I was disappointed that the glaze on two custom celebration plates didn't work out and I had some shrink problems with my batch of soap dispensers for a local soap shop - the spouts don't fit on 2/3 of them. ;-( But I had some great results with the rest of the load. That's the way it goes. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the duds - those pots that accumulate over time that didn't turn out quite right. Maybe I should take up mosaic, or find someone who does.
My cousin, Paula, is coming to visit tomorrow. I'm trying to clean up the ceramic's space so we can have an art day. It should be fun! Time to get busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment