I've been firing up the kiln to test the temperatures. After a few snaffu's with the electrical panel yesterday we finally have the right breaker installed. I completed a cone O4 firing tonight. I'm curious to see if the elements are still strong and if I really reached c0ne O4 (1924* F). It'll be cool enough tomorrow to check out the results of the pyrometric cone test.
We are still waiting for spring to arrive and the weather to warm up here in the NW - so the warm garage is a nice place to be during this cool weather.
In the next few days, I'm taking it to cone 6 (2165* F) to test the glaze firing temperatures. That's hot! The kids love to watch the electronic display on the kiln control panel climb. Tonight Jacob exclaimed, "It's 17,002 degrees". ;-) Now, THAT's really hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment