Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Accidents and the Accidental Turtlist

I'm a big believer in happy accidents as evidenced by the examples below in my ceramic happy accidents. I'm still trying to find the "happy" in the kiln disaster I suffered over the weekend.  :-(

Twin Frog Pot - This is one of my “happy accidents”.   This pot flew off the wheel while I was trimming it. It severely dented the rim on one side so I dented in the other side of the rim to match it up. Then I added the frogs to the sides and voila – the twin frog pot was born.




Accidental Turtlist - This is another one of my “happy accidents”.   While trimming a large bowl, it flew off the wheel and hit a large metal coat rack. It severely dented the rim on one side so I looked at it and decided it looked like the hole in a turtle shell where the head pops in and out and ta –da – the accidental turtle was born – AKA the Accidental Turtlist. He now lives in my entry way and smiles at me as if to remind me of “happy accidents” that can come my way, if only I chose to look for them.





No comments:

Post a Comment