Monday, September 5, 2011

The Close of Summer

Labor Day weekend represents the "Close of Summer" for most people.  It seems no one told the weather around the Seattle area, though.  We are looking at a forecast of the upper 80's this week - which is warm for this area.  Not that we're complaining!  We had a terrible spring and almost no summer sunshine until August, so this is a welcome thing. 

The kids are back in school and I've been throwing, rolling and carving up a storm in the studio.  I've been working on some new looks over the summer.  It took me a while to straighten out some issues with crazing, pinholes, and other issues with some clear glazes this summer.  Thankfully, I've figured it out and I'm moving ahead with producing the new pieces.  Everything is drying so quickly with this weather, I've got to work quickly.  I'm excited to get the new work photographed and posted on Etsy so I can see what people think of them.

I was reminded that it's the Close of Summer with this fun treasury that some of my tumblers are featured in.  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment