Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Let it Snow!?



Last year we got blasted with over two weeks of snow. I was trapped at home for so many days that I felt like I was going a bit batty. UPS didn't deliver for at least two weeks - it was that bad. Christmas presents didn't arrive, feasts were altered and our plans were dependent on whether or not we could get out of our driveway.
This year feels so much better! I love the snow - but in moderation. We just aren't equipped in the Seattle area for it - although my sister did give us the snow plow attachment for our riding mower. I'm sure Bill and the kids will love to use it.

I ended up having to pack up my studio space in the garage to make room for my car last year. The doors kept freezing shut with all the layers of snow it was buried in. I'm grateful that it hasn't happened this year as I've been working like an elf out there. (Knock on wood - I really do that.)
My kids are at an age where they are really into testing the tooth fairy with obstacle courses, writing Santa notes and wanting to capture the magic on video. This year they're trying to figure out how to get Santa caught on tape. Here is a questionnaire from last year that one of my kids left for Santa. I love how she defines the "A" and the "Q". It's a keeper. This year, the same child has asked Santa to make it snow on Christmas. I wonder if he'll deliver!??

No comments:

Post a Comment